Having the girls around for drinks is always fun, but coming up with new things to do is difficult. Why not mix things up by hosting a wine tasting party.
Wine tasting parties are a fun and classy activity you can organise in the comfort of your own home. They are perfect for family get-togethers, reunions with old friends and of course a Friday night in with the girls. Here are some tips on how to host a great wine tasting party for the people you care about.
Good Tasting Conditions
Check the circumstances surrounding your wine tasting experience that may affect your impressions of the wine. Ensure your tasting space is clear of too much noise as this makes concentration difficult.
Step One: Check for potential obstacles that may destroy the ability to get a clear sense of a wine’s aromas. Look out for…
- Cooking smells
- Perfume scents
- Even pet odours
Step Two: Neutralize the wine tasting conditions as much as possible, so your wine has a fair chance to stand on its own. Here are some easy steps you can take.
- Clean glasses: Detergent or dust will affect the taste
- Size and shape: A glass that is too small, or the wrong shape can affect the wine’s flavour
- Conditioning the glass: If your glass appears musty, give it a rinse with wine, swirling it to cover all the sides of the bowl.
- Neutralize taste buds: Cleanse any residual flavours from whatever else you’ve been eating or drinking.
- Correct temperature: If a wine is served too cold, warm the wine with your hands by cupping the bowl.
Evaluating by Sight
Straight Angle View
Sippers and Spitters Wine Tasting Party
If you are looking for someone to host and provide your wine tasting party please go to our parties page for more information.